In Traditional Chinese Medicine, ringing in the ears and Tinnitus is an alarm that the energy in your kidney meridian is low or deficient. Most Tinnitus and ear ringing conditions, unless caused by injury, are related to excessive stress or trauma, which depletes the energy flow to your kidneys. Besides points on the kidney meridian and around the ears themselves, the most potent points for boosting the health of the kidneys are located in your lower back.
In this acupressure article, I’ll describe a few simple ways to use acupressure points and acupressure massage to relieve ringing in your ears over time, and give you a few essential tips that are necessary to do to benefit your kidneys, and hence subside the ringing in your ears. In a nutshell, using acupressure points to relieve ringing in the ears is not a quick or easy fix. However, if you have the will to help yourself, here’s a simple step by step routine of what to do.
1. Acupressure Massage around your ears. Place your fingertips of both hands about 1/8th an inch from your ears. Close your eyes to feel for hallow spots, and fit your fingertips into each of these indentations. Take slow deep breaths as you briskly massage this area, by slowly turning your hand, gliding over the bumps on your skull for two minutes.
2. Acupressure on the Base of your Skull (GB 20) and the acupressure points near and around the top of your head. Press these points about five times each, alternating your position between firm pressure on GB 20, underneath the base of your skull, and pressure into the sore spots on the back of the top of your head. Explore all the points that are covered by wearing a Jewish cap, known as a Yamulka or Kippah. These tender points are both sacred and spiritual acupressure points.
On your Back:
3. Bring your knees to your chest slowly five times. This flattens the curve in the lower back, which can relieve lower backaches and is good for the kidneys.
4. Hold CV 6, located between your belly button and public bone, taking slow deep breaths, into you go into a deep state of relaxation for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Repeat the steps above, lying on your back.
• Practice Qi Gong Breathing Exercises twice daily, using the Less Stress DVD. Deep breathing exercises combined with acupressure is the formula for counteracting ringing in the ears. Deep breathing benefits your metal and water elements. If the ringing in your ears sounds like its coming from metal, you’ll need to practice these exercises for six months, to discover the benefits. This practice will improve the condition of your kidneys and you’ll feel better.
• Avoid eating: sweets and salted, fried foods.
• Explore your past traumatic experiences and past fears. Get help to be at peace with childhood fears or traumas. For more guidance, see Acupressure for Emotional Healing.
* For more Acupressure Back Care Points check-out the Bum Back E-Book.