The following articles are excerpted from
‘Acupressure’s Potent Points’
by Michael Reed Gach, Ph. D.
- What is Acupressure: How Acupressure relieves pain and common complaints, how it works as a beauty treatment, for better sex, back care, healing trauma and emotional pain, Acupressure methods, energy work, and more.
- Acupressure Foundations How Acupressure works, self-acupressure and healing touch applications in real life for neck problems, tension headache, and night sweats.
- Acupuncture & Acupressure Points Acupressure and Acupuncture points anatomical location, name, reference numbers, home study materials, and meridian functions.
- Colds and Flu Covers the causes and eight acupressure points, their locations and benefits for relieving colds and flu. Learn how to stimulate each of these points, step by step with photos for prevention and relief.
- Immune System Boosting Covers five activities, which weaken the immune system and provides 12 acupressure points, their locations and benefits, for immune system boosting. Learn how to stimulate each of these points, step by step with photos.
- Acupressure & Acupuncture – Brief History Covers the origins of Acupressure and Acupuncture as an ancient Chinese healing art. – how Acupressure and Acupuncture developed in China out of instinct to self-care techniques for relieving stress.
- Acupressure Pain Relief: How Acupressure Works & Relieves Chronic Pain Discover how stimulating points triggers endorphins to relieve pain. How deep breathing and Acupressure restores harmony, health and well-being.
- Acupressure Spiritual Touch: Acupressure Massage Healing Energy Work; Channeling Chi, Qi Energy & Chakra Balancing; Discover Spiritual Bodywork & Light Touch for Healing on the Third Eye Point to develop intuition.
- Acupressure Massage Techniques Chinese Massage Therapy Techniques, Chinese Massage Tui Na skills and Trigger Points. Learn traditional pressure point methods such as tapping acupressure points.
- How to Apply Pressure to Acupressure Points Guidance for using your fingertips on Acupressure points to relieve tension and pain: how long to hold points, how much pressure, eating, and how to release an acupressure point.
- Acupressure Precautions, Guidelines & Prodedures Acupressure point safty, treatment indications, injury, burns, and body temperature. Acupressure boundaries, points for Pregnancy, Lactation, and precautions.
- Acupressure Glossary of Terms: Covers 26 acupressure related terms from A to Z. Also lists the 12 Standard Meridian Abbreviations.
Acupressure Articles Integrating
Holistic Health Methods
- Massage Points: Discover ways Acupressure can enhance Massage Therapy & how Chinese Massage works. Learn more about Massage Therapy Points. Discusses how acupressure therapy, trigger points, and pressure points enhance Massage Therapy. Discover how these massage therapy points can be integrated with Massage Therapy practices for increased effectiveness for both the Massage client and Massage Therapist.
- Energy Work & the Life Force: Specific Acupressure points for greater healing results. Discover how these Acupressure points relieve tension, pain, trauma, and burnout. Learn acupressure techniques, guided self-healing Qi Gong Breathing exercises to counteract addition, support recovery, especially after trauma. Acupressure healing energy work relieves chronic fatigue and depression to counteract stressful times.
- Chiropractic Care: How Chiropractors can integrate Acupressure Massage Therapy and self-acupressure points with spinal adjustments for enhanced Chiropractic Care. Chiropractic techniques and Acupressure points complement each other and were traditionally practiced together in ancient China.
- Reflexology & Acupressure: Discover how Acupressure Point Therapy integrates and enhances ear, hand, and foot Reflexology. Increased effectiveness results from integrating Acupressure points and techniques with Reflexology points and massage techniques.
- Shiatsu Therapy How Shiatsu Therapy methods stimulate Acupressure points for increased effectiveness. Shiatsu healing methods stimulate Acupressure points and meridians for relieving, tension, and stress related complaints such as burnout, shallow breathing, muscle shoulder and neck tension.